Sunday, February 27, 2022

E-Car Chatter

 I noticed a 10-line story today....via Focus....where the first city in Germany has issued a regulation...where E-cars can't be parked in underground garages.  Reason?  Well....these odd fires that have occurred (some while charging...some while the car was sitting there).

A trend?  I would say this....as time passes and more of these E-car fires occur, more regulations will be written, and it's going to be tough in finding an acceptable place to park your battery car....other than out on the street (in the open).

My personal view?  I have a carport (covered) and I might be willing to park an E-car there, but it's right next to the house.  All that pro-safety training from my Air Force period would click on, and I'd have a big problem parking a car there.  

This hindering people from buying E-cars?  This is just one single town, but if you came up in 2024, and find fifty cities in Germany with various rules (special fire alarms/video cameras/etc) then you'd ask the question how safe the E-cars are.  

No comments: