Saturday, February 26, 2022

Ukraine Rocket Image

 Last night, I sat and watched a news piece (RTL news) that showed a typical Ukrainian street, and here in the middle of it was a rocket (I would guess and say it was a S-8 rocket....small in nature)....impacted into the street, but a dud.  I would say about one-third of it was in the asphalt, and the rest (unexploded) just in plain sight over folks walking around.

Now, I've been through various training episodes while in the Air Force (years ago), and there's generally one major fact stuck in my head about unexploded ordnance.....you never go messing with the ordnance, or standing near it.

Yet here was some 65-year old Ukrainian guy....getting his wife to take the picture while he held the fin on end.

Just shaking my head.

There's probably a dozen people around the unexploded ordnance, and they could have easily been killed....including the RTL camera guy.

Someone coming along to resolve the problem?  It may be days, weeks, or months before some qualified ordnance guy comes to fix this mess.  

A quality problem with Russian ordnance?  Well....it's anyone's guess.  

No comments: