Sunday, March 20, 2022

Putin: Man of the People Image?

 At the big Friday pep-rally....someone finally looked at the video, and started to discuss Putin's fashion statement.

So the big blue jacket he had on?  I will admit....I admired it and thought....man, I'd like to have a jacket like that.

Research?  Loro Piana makes the jacket....roughly $13,000 for it.

That sweater that Putin had on.....very high fashion.  Made by Kiton (out of Italy)....typically costing $3,200 (minimum).

The suede tennis shoes?  Several folks have suggested they are $800 Loro Piana tennis shoes.

For anyone to 'look' like Putin from Friday?  Minimum of $17k....before we even get to the watch, slacks, socks and underwear.  

Russian despairing over their economical fashion and looking at some 'glamour king'?  

So, just an odd question....how cold was it in Moscow on Friday afternoon?  I went back and looked at the general temperature.  It was around 5 C (41 F).  Cold enough for this parka jacket?  For me personally, I would have been sweating if I'd worn Putin's thick jacket.  I would have worn a moderate jacket (like a sports jacket or thick sweater).  

It's just odd.  Maybe the guy has a health condition and needed the extra warmth?  Just makes you wonder. 

(on the positive side....unlike the Kremlin 'bosses' from the 1950s/1960s/1970s....who all dressed in some 1930s fashion statement, at least he has a 'taste')

No comments: