Friday, March 18, 2022

Water?

 My local grocery here in the village....added a new product....'UNTOUCHED' (still water, no bubbles, in simple terms....plain old spring water).

'UNTOUCHED'?  Yeah, a catchy name.

So the legend goes....this comes out of some German national park in the Pfalz region (the Hunsruck). 

Pure?  Well....by saying untouched, the claim is that it flows out of some mountain and has not touched human hands. 

Cost?  Well...1.49 Euro for a 20 ounce-type bottle.  Not cheap, but not premium either.

A good gimmick?  I would suggest that.  

2 comments:

HD Wrench said...

My German friends see me drink tap water and look at me like I'm drinking sewage. I never saw the attraction with bottled water. Unless it's Perrier.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

I've had 'poor taste' water in my life (Vegas/Tucson), so I know the water issue. My village capped a hillside spring back a hundred years ago and that's the source for the village water....which I personally rate 4-star.

That said...I've also had average taste water in Germany (not as good). I don't have a problem when out (at a restaurant) and asking for a bottle of water (still-type, not the bubbles stuff). But I'll also note a brand or two of water (the commissary sells both) which has a pretty crappy taste.