Monday, June 5, 2023

The Heat Wave (Not) Arrives This Week

 Supposedly around the Rhine Valley....this week (my neighborhood), the temperature will finally hit 28 C (82 F).  Up to this point, it has been the most moderate year I've seen in decades.  

Weather guys?  They talk about some 'wave' to come next week....to be in the 32 C to 34 C  range (93 F max).  

Rainfall?  Well...since mid-April....nothing.  A ton of rain in March....then the drought.  

I'd say in general, for the past five years...it's been this way, with marginal to no rain for May, June, July and August.  My neighbors went to watering the yards last week.

I should note that last week, for a evening temperature up in NE Germany....it went down to 1 C (34 F).  Again, for late May, this was a bit different.

People wearing winter jackets?  I had to ride the bus this AM, and with normal attire folks.....there were five or six people with real winter jackets on.  

No comments: