Saturday, June 10, 2023

Zone Chatter

 There's a discussion going on within the Bahn system (the railway folks) if maybe it's time to introduce women-only zones on some train-cars.  'Man-free' is the term used.  This was openly talked about this AM on Stern.  

So the idea is.....a few men are acting 'naughty', and women are fed up....wanting a part of trains to themselves.

How would this work?  Unknown.

I've probably ridden a minimum of 3,000 times on German trains, and can't say I've seen this type of bad-boy behavior....except late at night, and in cities like Frankfurt where guys might have been drunk and insulting people.

I would imagine you'd identify a quarter of a car, saying past this red-line....is a women only zone.  If you had guys identifying as women?  Well....it might be a problem.

Could a male ticket-audit guy walk in this zone?  Ethically, I'd say no....same for security guys. 

Would women accept this situation, or defy it and sit in the male zone?  

My wife made the point....it'd take all those stupid soccer discussions out of the cabin, and keep the drunken idiots in their own zone.  I should note....she rides the train about twice a year on average.  

Odds of this occurring?  I'd give it a one in a hundred situation.  

No comments: