Thursday, June 15, 2023

Yesterday Came A German Pharmacy Strike

 I was walking about in Mainz yesterday....one of my five most favorite cities in Germany.  

Course, I came to note.....the German-wide pharmacy strike in progress.

What you noticed?  Doors closed...signs up, and in front of each pharmacy was a clerk who was ready to engage and explain their position on this.

I stood back at three locations and watched things.

Basically......no one stopped to engage or chat about the strike.  No one.

I probably spent 20 minutes at least location.....sipping a water to hydrate, or a beer to chill....nearby at a cafe.  

The public knew of the strike, and aren't in some confrontational or agreeable state of mind.  In some ways.....they see the strike leading to increased prices, and more inflation.

I felt sorry for the pharmacy folks.....they probably had no more than one person over the entire day who stopped to chat over the strike. 

No comments: