Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Vaccination Chatter

 I sat and watched a German public news piece in the last week, where they had a review of a vaccination center....describing their process...how reservations would work....effort by the staff.

Since then, I've kinda sat there and pondered over this 'image'.  

Maybe it's the 22-odd years in the military, but this is a bit of a weird set-up that they've demonstrated.  

There's private cabin (probably a dozen of these) and some waiting area (maybe for fifty-odd people....chairs spread two meters (6 ft) apart.

Their intention, after you get to the front-door and 'Huns' (the reservation-checker or door-guard, whichever title you prefer)....to proceed to some 'Gerta' station where paperwork will be produce your slip.  Then it appears a number will be issued and you sit to wait.  

They didn't get into waiting times....I'm just assuming with the reservation business in effect....this can't be more than 20 minutes of pausing.

But then you go to a private cabin.  By the brief TV talk....it sounds like they want to spend five to ten minutes with you and talking over the vaccination/effects/etc.

I'm probably used to the US military style....just line up thirty guys, and just get this done with the thirty of us in fifteen minutes, without a lot of drama or chit-chat.

The more you sit and talk about consequences or side-effects....it just gets me nauseous, and I'm liable to puke up my morning pastry and coffee.

The need to go into fifteen details about the Covid-19 vaccination?  Based on 2020 so far, I've probably learned over 300 facts about the virus and the vaccine.  I know the 9 types of mask for the virus.  I can spot good social distancing or bad social distancing in 3 seconds.  I am now a pretty good authority on a 'dry' cough or a 'wet' cough (a 'dry' cough by Markus the grocery clerk can get me out of the store in 3 seconds flat).  

I'm not whining over the German vaccination deal....but I see this chat-chat at the private cabin business to be a waste of time.  Course, if 6-percent of folks go into a panic-attack and collapse as they get the shot.....maybe there's a good reason for the cabin.  

No comments: