Sunday, May 23, 2021

Car Political Chatter

 At the beginning of 2021....Germany had around 309,000 electrical vehicles registered in the country.

The general goal by the Green Party....by 2030?  Fifteen-million electrical vehicles.

I sat and pondered over the goal.

There is a upward trend on the numbers improving each year, and Tesla promises to be producing their car in Germany by the end of 2021.  To say that Germans are fondly attracted to the E-cars?  No....I can't say that.

I did the Audi Etron test-drive two years ago and would generally give a thumbs up on the vehicle.  But if you considered the cost factor (69,000 Euro), and the time of recharging it....my interest lagged.  I also questioned how I'd use it when driving across Europe and if enough charging stations really existed.

So the game being played by the Greens....would suggest that in nine years...they'd add 14.7-million E-cars.  My best guess is that we might hit 4-million by 2030, and a fair number of politicians will start talking about 2040 being the next big hope on the 15-million number.

A populist front arising and taking down the gas/diesel plan to halt new car sales by 2030?  I actually might suggest that as 2025 comes up for the national election....this odd suggestion might become a top three political topic.  

No comments: