Saturday, May 22, 2021

Logical Green Question: Could You Mandate All New Home Builds Include a Solar Panel Deal?

 Well....it's on the discussion table and some folks are asking questions over this election topic.  Even if you passed such legislation, it'd be challenged in the courts, and highly questioned.

Personally, having done research before on the idea of solar panels for the house....I found issues and it was enough at that point for me to say no.

You need to have a side of your roof that readily faces the path of the sun.  One side of my roof met that condition....the other side was not going to work well.

The space for the batteries?  You need a space either in the garage or basement....where the battery packs could be stored.  

If you are building a two apartment house and sharing out the power?  There's nothing presently that would make sharing a simple idea.  The technician I talked to....kinda hinted....either I had a whole second set of batteries, or just did this for my part of the house only.

The idea that the government would never come to property-tax me, or electrically-tax me....with the solar roof?  There's simply not a solid promise or law existing.

Trying to make this work with an apartment or condo building?  Well....maybe if they had solar panels for the side of the building....this might work....but the number of batteries required?  It'd probably take up the entire basement of the building.  Don't even bring up the fire-safety element of this discussion.  

No comments: