Tuesday, May 25, 2021

If In-Country Flights in Germany Ended Tomorrow

 The hype by the Green Party and carried to a higher level by the journalists....is that either via heavier taxation fees or just an out-right-ban will occur.  So you couldn't board a plane to from Berlin to Hamburg or Munich to Frankfurt (examples).

I live in the central region, and generally....if I drove....I could reach Hamburg, Munich or Berlin in six to eight hours.

On the miserability index?

Well....the last thing on Earth I'd really like to do is drive from Frankfurt to Hamburg.  Between accidents, traffic tie-ups, construction/renovation, etc....it's a pretty miserable drive.  Tractor trailer accidents?  This is the bigger of the negatives.

Driving to Munich?  I have around five different traffic 'patterns' from which I could drive down.  Some have been under renovation for a minimum of three years and it's a added two-hour drive.  The A7 route from Wurzburg onto Munich?  Maybe the better of the routes....at least with less heavy rigs.

Driving to Berlin?  Fifty percent of the drive is relaxed and not that much on traffic.  

Going to no in-country flights.....to encourage me to use the Bahn (railway)?  In the summer period?  It won't happen....mostly because I know the reliability of the AC units on ICE trains.  

The fact that I only live 25 minutes away from the Frankfurt Airport?  That's a fairly big positive and one reason why I'm stuck on flights usually.  

For some reason, I just don't see this political agenda getting public approval.  If anything, it'd probably encourage me to avoid German tourist locations and fly out to other countries.  

No comments: