Thursday, August 6, 2020

Mask Story

I was reading UK news today (yes, I even read the woes and sorrows of the isle), and they commented on this threat.

Back a couple of months ago, they ordered a bunch of masks for the government.  No one much says who made them.....I might assume China.

So they came in, and they are a bit 'flimsy'.

By this, I mean that they seem to lack tightness.  Along with this....the loops don't go around your head....they go to your ears and back.

So this got dragged into court.

The judge finally said  'enough'.....the 50-million masks cannot be issued out.

The money spent?  Lost. 

So I sat there.....the masks that my wife (German) and I have?  Well....the bulk of them (still in the box, I spent 30 Euro for in February)....are remarkably the same.  They fit around the ears.....they aren't that tight, but I wouldn't want that tightness deal....and made of surgical paper material.

I've been using them since day one, and don't see an issue.

What will happen to the 50-million masks?  My guess....some clever guy will walk up and offer them a half-million Euro, and transport them into the Ukraine, Belarus and Romania....selling the masks off the street for 8-Euro each and make a couple of million Euro to retire off of. 

No comments: