Saturday, August 15, 2020

The Mask 'War'

N-TV this morning brought up this issue in Germany, as schools are opening now, and the rule is mandated that you have to wear a mask in some way.....either outside the classroom (in the hall or playground), or in the class itself.  Sixteen states have sixteen 'rules'.

Well...as N-TV points out....there are already parents and groups challenging the rules in court.  Some are saying that the state does not have the right to mandate this.

Adding to this 'fury'.....some doctors are signing certificates (which are generally accepted) saying that 'little Johann' doesn't require a mask in school.  The state system is challenging the doctors and saying that they don't have a right to sign a certificate in such a way. 

Where this is leading?  I'd be guessing by spring....more than forty-odd cases headed toward the German version of the Supreme Court, and some judges having to decide where rights begin and end. 

The real amusing part of this story?  We are heading into an election year with negativity brewing on masks, and the political parties are going to wake up to find 20-percent of the public disagree with them enough to look  for radical parties to fuel their 'agenda'.

2 comments:

BerlinGuy said...

You really hit a nerve with this post.

I volunteer a lot of time to the community, especially, my sons school. Recently they wonder where I have gone as I refuse to wear a "nose burka" to be allowed on campus. I will come back when their PC insanity ends.

I keep looking back in history and see many parallels with the events taking place today but can find nothing to explain the mass insanity that seems to have taken hold over what is the seasonal flu.

I am still waiting for the German Volk to say enough and throw off the overreach of the states governments. I suspect you are spot on that come the national election there will be a huge protest vote. I just don't know if that will wake the worthless politicians up.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

Once you had doctors suggest there's limited value in the mask business (which German doctors admitted back in the first two weeks of the 'chaos')...you could predict this was going to be a comical path ahead.

I can probably go along with the bus/train requirements and see logic in using the masks. Getting to the point of wearing a mask for a 3-hour train ride? No, I'd probably have to get off after an hour and 'refresh' myself for 30 minutes before continuing the trip. Same for long trips on planes with the masks....it just isn't going to be a comfortable experience.

All of this extra business....in anticipation of the 'Jesus-vaccine' (will save mankind)? I have reached a point where I'm awful skeptical and doubt such a vaccine will ever exist, and this mask business becomes a permanent 500-pound guerrilla in the room.