Sunday, October 30, 2022

Three German News Stories

 1.  There's some suggestion in the German press....that UK's short-lived PM (Truss) had a tapped phone (covered by Russia).  Truth to the matter (BS-meter)?  I'd rank it near '1' (marginally false).  The key element to the story....Johnson apparently knew at some point, and didn't nationally speak to the issue.  

My question?  Just how long was the phone 'bugged'?  And is it possible that dozens of political figures in the UK have Russia bugged phones today?  For that matter....could various German political figures or journalists be Russia-bugged?  

2.  Russia's blame on the Nord Stream explosions?  It's now laid out to be the UK.  Truth to the story?  You can't find any factual evidence to really support the story.

3.  Covid mask mandate coming back to Germany?

Well....the Health Minister is pushing on an agenda where it probably will be mandated in stores or interiors again.  If you were asking me on the schedule?  I'd take a guess that by 10th of November....it'll probably be falling into place.  

How many Germans wear Covid masks presently?  Based on grocery visits of the past two weeks....I'd say around 30-percent (some young, some old).  I do carry a mask around....if I have to ride the bus or train (there, it's mandated).  Beyond that...I do agree...the numbers of infection are on the rise, and it's going to push the mask routine back into the 'norm'.

1 comment:

Daz said...

Well, considering that Russian oligarchs have very close ties to the UK conservatives it's not really a surprise.