Friday, July 23, 2021

TV Story

 I sat Wednesday night and watched a HR (public TV from Hessen) program entitled MEX.  Typically, they pick up grocery discussions, economic topics, food safety, travel tips, etc.  It's a forty-five minute documentary-news type program, and I'd generally rate it as worth watching.

The topic for that evening?  Well....the whole thing was dedicated to convincing you to eat less meat, and to approach the vegan lifestyle.

Yes, forty-five minutes of eat-less-meat or flip-to-veganism. 

On a normal show, there would be around seven to ten topic areas, and none of them connect together.  It was the oddest show I've seen in a long time. 

Propaganda rating?  On a scale of one to ten....I'd give it around a '8'.  

I would suggest...if you watch the news via public TV throughout a normal week....there's at least one segment each week which deals with the meat topic, and trying hard to convince you to either lessen your intake or go vegan.  

No comments: