Thursday, September 24, 2026

End Of A Era

 My German wife is a consumed shopper....who at the end of a 'trip'....must take the paper-receipt, and walking to the car....is analyzing the paper receipt for mistakes.  About every forty-odd trips to the grocery....she'll note that Huns-the-clerk double-swiped the can of soup or bag of chips.  This halts the path to the car....while she grabs me and the cart....dragging us back into the grocery to resolve the 'problem'.

This AM....I noted a German law being drafted. At some point in 2028....the receipt-crap will go digital.

What this means for a German?  You will have a choice as you pay and leave....with NO print-out....the grocery-store will allow you to e-mail the receipt to your personal account, or allow you to scan a QR-code to your cellphone.

NO more paper receipts.  

I haven't brought this up to the wife.....I'm pretty sure she'll get hyped-up.  

No comments: