Friday, September 25, 2026

My Pfalz (State) Speeding Ticket

 So the official ticket came today....registered mail.

Usually....over 20 years...the only speeding tickets I've gotten in Germany....were in the state of Hessen.

This ticket was a bit unusual.  

First letter came....asking my wife (registered owner of the car) if she was guilty party, and she had to log onto a web-site for the state to say 'yes' or 'no'.  She said 'no', and referred my name as the guilty party.

Then came letter number two...same question.  I had to log on and say 'yes'....that I was the guilty party.

Today, came letter number three....registered mail.

Yeah, I was on the autobahn doing 118 kph (18 over the limit).  The normal amount is 60 Euro (by federal law), but the Pfalz tacked on 26 extra Euro....processing fee and mail-costs.

I asked the wife (being German) why such fees exists in one state but not another.  She responded....just pay the ticket.

No comments: