Monday, November 27, 2023

Mini-Burnout?

 My wife brought up a German phrase today...'mini-burnout'.

I had to go and look up the problem.  About five years ago....some Austrian doctors coined the term.  (Report here)

What this involves?  Well...when you hand some employee a task like mailing a package, or answering customer questions, or reacting to some unplanned task....they get 'freaked-out' (my term).

If you were born between 1984 and 1999.....you are more likely to have this 'problem'.

I probably wasted an hour reading over this odd topic.

Typically, it would be a problem that comes out of thin-air or some moment where you have to deal with angry customers/consumers.

Resolving this?  Well....the wife says this is typically where people have to exit the office....smoke a cigarette and have some confidence-building session with a second person in the office.

Same problem at home?  Well....I sat and pondered over this issue.  If things were that bad....I'd have to sip five or six shots of booze.  

No comments: