Sunday, November 5, 2023

The 'Deposit-Walkers'

 Last week, I sat for about 70 minutes in the middle of Wiesbaden for my wife to finish shopping.  I was based on a bench....in the midst of the shopping district....about 40 meters from McDonalds.

There are three waste cans in the area.

So over this 70 minute period....at least six Germans were walking with a collection bag....hitting the three waste cans for deposit bottles/cans....hoping to collect a bottle or can for their 'free-money' situation.

Back twenty years ago....before the deposit crap started....you never saw this.

I would imagine throughout Wiesbaden and Mainz, there must be at least sixty people actively walking around and trying to collect deposit items.

Around sports events?  You might clear 50 Euro in a day, off this type of walk.  But on an average non-event day?  If lucky, I'd say five to ten Euro max.

I just view as a negative part of society today.

No comments: