Friday, November 3, 2023

The Most Unholy Of Sins

 I got into trouble yesterday.  A long story.

My German wife has a favorite yogurt (made in Bavaria and sold via the local corner grocery).  For decades, they produced this in a container, which had a plastic cover....so you could open the yogurt....eat half today, and recover it.....to consume the rest tomorrow.

Well....Germans have actively been 'annoying' the public....telling them that plastic is 'evil'.  So the company finally got to the point and said 'enough'.  The container of yogurt is no longer sold with a lid cover.  So she had saved the absolutely last lid, and was re-using this over and over (washing it of course).  She'd never mentioned this, and frankly....on my list  of 15,000 things I need to remember over German-living....it's just not on the list.  

I threw the lid into the garbage three days ago, and she woke up to realize the great evil I had done....there were no fitting lids for this yogurt.  That consumed around 15 minutes of harsh German criticism.

So I've had to go out and browse via Amazon....to buy a freaking plastic lid assortment (figure 7 Euro), for yogurt....because of the German dedication to save the world from excess plastic lids being around.  

All these other Germans doing the same thing?  Yeah.  I noticed off Amazon, there must be 500 options for lids....offered up.  As much as the environmental folks thought they were saving the world from plastic.....the world is quickly assembling, and buy replacement plastic for their needs.

No comments: