Saturday, April 4, 2020

Ticking Clock Sales

This past week, I kinda noticed that every couple of hours, I get sales notices from both Saturn and MediaMarkt (the two primary electronic sales shops of Germany).

The curious thing is that there are 12-hour sales being pushed out (an actual clock ticking in the background), which shows five or six items (all over the 250 Euro range), with 20-percent or more discounts offered up.

Course, both are forced to be closed during this virus period, and both are losing millions a week in sales.

Today, I had this fantastic Italian-made coffee machine.....that typically would be in the 899 Euro range, and maybe discounted around 150 Euro.  It was the coffee brewers 'dream', and I sat there for a good ten minutes.....looking at it and trying to stay convinced against 'mad-purchases'. 

Frankly, I don't know how long I can hang out in this crisis period, and avoid getting 'stupid' and broke. 

1 comment:

Daz said...

I so wish you hadn't told me.