Thursday, July 13, 2023

About Those Flights

 My wife (German in nature) and I got into a discussion over the Last Generation activist business today at Dusseldorf and Hamburg....cancelling a total of 12 flights scheduled, by gluing themselves to the ramp/runway area.

The thing she pointed out.....it messes up the 200-to-300 tourists on each plane leaving, and screws up another group at the receiving end who would have left....adding up to 4,800 tourists minimum and the crews of twelve planes.

Just on damages?  She figured up near one million Euro per plane.  The fact that travel companies might get into this, along with personal lawyers for tourists?  

The problem I see....once the activists are dragged into the court, they might be rather shocked that no one agrees with them, and the cost factor is a thousand times more than they thought.    

My view is that if I drove two hours to reach the airport, and wasted three hours in processing and boarding....to have the flight cancelled....my patience would be challenged.  The activists aren't seeing the tail-end of this....rather than convincing people of something....they've gotten a fair segment very negative.  

No comments: