Saturday, July 22, 2023

Is There A Heat Wave In Central Germany?

 NO.

Since April, I can count approximately five days that the temp rose to 32 C (89.6 F) or above.  

Unseasonable weather?  Yeah, in two aspects....it is absolutely moderate (cool) weather....and  it's been mostly a drought-like situation for the past 120 days.  More rainfall in the past two weeks?  Yeah, but if you added up what would be a normal summer rainfall count for my district (Wiesbaden)....I doubt if we've had more than 30-percent of the 'norm' for summer rain.

This morning, as the run rose....the temp was 10 C (50 F).  Presently, I've got most of the windows closed and it probably won't get above 22 C (71 F).

All of this heat chatter?  I'm not sure it's really valid.  

Here's the thing....there are around 45-odd days of summer left, and as I view the weather predictions for the next two weeks....it continues along this path....a brief shower or two, and max temperatures going up to around 27 F (80.6 F).  

This might be the most moderate summer in decades.

No comments: