Sunday, July 2, 2023

France

 If you are looking for decent reporting on France and the riots.....I recommend France-24 (it's in English).  

What I generally expect?

There's supposed to be a 7:30 PM meeting with Macron and his staff.  I expect a curfew order to be given....nationally....probably for three or four nights.  

I don't expect the curfew to be respected.

The French Attorney General?  I expect some escalation of 'powers' to be created, and some folks are going to be held until a court date...after their arrest.

Mob violence to end as of this weekend?  Some people suggest it'll lessen.  We are in mid-summer and I suspect this riot business might continue for another week or two.

Spreading out, past France?  I saw one isolated episode in Lausanne, Switzerland...maybe a hundred 'kids'.  Police there said it was purely teenagers.  

No comments: