Sunday, January 16, 2022

Flu Chatter

 I noticed this weekend.....someone brought up flu statistics for Hamburg, Germany this past week.....that it's 1-percent of what would be a typical normal flu-season.

Worry over this?  Well....there's differing attitudes about this.  Some suggest that if Omicron goes off into the sunset....by October 2022....a huge worry will exist over the flu business locally.  

One odd thing that I've tended to notice (my German wife says this as well)....since spring of 2020....there just hasn't been any real flu around us.  Not that I really enjoy the flu, but prior to 2020....I tended to at least worry about it to some degree.  

2 comments:

HD Wrench said...

The wife and I think the flu is not around so much because of precautions we take due to Covid, masking up,washing hands more often,social distancing, etc.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

In the years that my son went to school....this was a yearly thing, and some minor bout of flu would ALWAYS occur. He'd bring it home, and we'd catch it. When you look at schools in Germany today...they are extra hyped-up...masks, social distancing and disinfectant upon entry. But to say that cured us of 99-percent of normal flu numbers (say 2019 numbers)? That's going to be hard to convince people. I would add that people today (say in 2021/2022) just aren't socializing much at all. You look at movie theaters, bowling alleys, indoor pool useage....it's all gone down drastically. I went to a movie 3 weeks ago...300-seat place...you had to make reservations and be tested before entry...they probably filled only 50 seats for a 7:30 PM run of a brand-new movie.