Saturday, January 22, 2022

Observation

 I noticed yesterday (Friday) that SWR (the public TV network for the SW of Germany)....announced that with Omicron around....they aren't sure that they can run their news or forum shows.  So they gave out this warning....things may occur over the next week or two where some 'package' (maybe some documentary from three years ago....might be the temp 'filler') occurs rather than the planned show.

A big deal?  No.  From the dozen-odd public minor networks....I would expect virtually all of them to be this way.  

In fact, it's a shock to me that the two big public TV networks (ARD, ZDF) haven't had something like this to occur already.

Is Omicron scaring folks?  I don't see it that way.  Last night....my wife and I ended at some local grocery at 7 PM....with the normal number of customers around.  I admit....I did the alcohol rub upon entering and exiting the place.  But it's the same atmosphere that you would have noticed in 2020.  

No comments: