Saturday, April 22, 2023

Bus Story

 Wetzlar is a town...about an hour north of Frankfurt....around 55,000 residents.  The mayor and city council had this idea back in March....to start a free bus service.

I should state for the record....this was a single bus....for the 'old-town' area of Wetzlar.  One bus....one driver.

The deal?  Free ride. 

How I would describe the Wetzlar old-town area?  It's a fascinating area, and worth a half-day visit.  But I should generally note....old-town is a bit hilly.  I'm saying it's like San Francisco......but if you were 70 years old...it's probably a slight challenge.  

The bus deal?  Free.  

Well....as of yesterday....for three weeks of April....there's been ONE single passenger in the time to ride the bus.

Old-town area?  East to west....probably 300 meters.  North to south.....maybe 400 meters.  That's it.

Just guessing but I would wager in another month....this service will end.  

No comments: