Thursday, April 6, 2023

THE Bus?

 In my local area of Wiesbaden, the bus company announced that for a 2-week period in June....they will be testing a new 25-meter long E-Bus (roughly 82 ft long).

Easily maneuverable?  They say it....I would have my doubts.  It's probably 7 meters longer than any bus operated in the city presently.

Routes of use?  They didn't really get around to this.  I would probably disqualify at least 50-percent of the city routes from this type of bus.  They did suggest that it'd be only major routes where it'd be used.  

Passengers?  They left this out, but if you dig into the company literature....it's around 180 total passengers that the bus can carry.  

For driver-anxiety?  I would imagine more than half the current city drivers would refuse to train or be certified on this type of bus.  

No comments: