Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Health Minister Speaks

 The German Health Minister (Lauterbach, SPD) stood up today and announced (5 Apr 2023)....the Covid epidemic is over.....period.

When did it start?  27 January 2020.....when the first person was 'announced' to be infected (there is some disagreement about a possible prior case).

If you asked me about this....I would have said around March/April 2022....a ton of mandates were dropped....theaters were opened up....bars were full-scale open....and people started to travel by airline again.

Germans in some form of disgruntlement?  I would say that the bulk note that life moved on, and that they try to forget about the crappy period between early 2020 and late 2021.  

My grumble?  There are months where the only place I left the house for...was the grocery store (two or three times a week).  The mail-guy or the Amazon-delivery guy were the only human contacts that I had.  

Will this be a front-page thing with his announcement?  No.  In fact, I doubt if the nightly news tonight....has more than two lines and his picture....saying little else.

No comments: