Friday, April 21, 2023

My Taxi Story

 I ended up in Wiesbaden this AM....for about 2.5 hours.  Mostly, I sat out on a cafe....facing the street, and near a stop-light.....sipping coffee and observing traffic.

In this 2.5 hour period, I noted two German taxis hitting the car ahead of them.  Both were minor collisions and in one case....the two drivers observed no damage, were agreeable, and just drove away.  

Here's the odd thing.....you can stand near any taxi stand in Germany now, and observe probably a quarter of the vehicles with minor damage.  

In the late 1970s and mid 1980s....you never saw taxis with body damage.  Somewhere around 2000.....you started to notice an occasional dent here and there.  Now?  It's a pretty regular thing to notice vehicle damage on taxis.

Poor drivers?  I don't know.  

I would generally give you advice here....if a passenger in a German taxi, and he's collided with someone....quickly pay what you owe, and withdraw from the scene. Staying should not be a priority. 

No comments: