Monday, April 3, 2023

Fitness

 About a year prior to Covid arriving...my wife (German) got hyped-up to be fit.  This meant dragging me along.  So we ended up with some gym in the local area (Wiesbaden).

Covid then arrived, and a lot of rules/limitations....yet we didn't quit the deal (my wife's enthusiasm unfortunately hung on).  

Today, WELT brought up this topic.  Apparently, 2-million Germans did quit their fitness studio.  

A number of these organizations are desperately trying now to entice the 2-million to return.

To be honest, during the Covid period....it was a hassle.  You had to make a reservation and ONLY twenty folks could be inside at one time.  There were wipe-down rules and sanitation standards.  I actually didn't see a big deal about this stuff.  

Anything really changing at my fitness studio?  Just in general....over the past six months....I'd say a few of really out-of-shape folks have joined up.....making the 'players' a different group.  

Will the 2-million eventually all re-join?  That's the question.  

No comments: