Sunday, April 2, 2023

My Gut Feeling On Heat Pumps

 Around four years ago (before Covid), I went to an appointment in mid-town Wiesbaden.  I completed the appointment and walked to the nearest bus-stop.  Two German 'large' homes were there next to the bus-stop.  

Within ten meters (roughly 30 ft) of the bus-stop....each of the houses had a heat-pump system.  Each cranked up around the same time (it was a warm day)....so it was set to cool mode.

Noise-level?  I could hear them while sitting there.  It wasn't terribly loud but it was noticeable.  

Across the street?  Another house was there with the windows open.  I'm pretty sure they could hear both units running to some degree.  Bothersome in the daytime?  Well...it would have been heard.

I have this theory that as the heat-pump era arrives in 2024....you start to have neighbors reporting on neighbors, and city council meetings to be more interesting as people complain about noise pollution (something rarely mentioned much today in Germany).

I anticipate between 2025 and 2030....at least one-hundred German communities having some type of law in force....after 9 PM, you can't run a heat-pump to cool things in the summer months.

I also anticipate some type of rule which says a heat pump must be placed at least 30 meters from the neighbor's home, or placed on the roof (lightning 'magnet').

Finally, I anticipate some type of health German 'hazard' to be invented....which suggest the blades of a heat-pump create a health problem involving VIBRATION frequency issues.  Name for this health issue?  Hum Syndrome (HS).  I'm willing to suggest more than 20,000 Germans will be on some health program for HS as we approach 2030..  

No comments: