Tuesday, April 4, 2023

German-Style Cinnabon?

 I had to spend a 20-minute pause in Mainz today (the bus-run was cancelled).  Here was a bakery next to it....so I entered and figured a coffee and sweet roll would be appropriate.

So there in the middle of the display case.....was a tray of what appeared to be Cinnabon-like rolls.  You know....the type with 3 times the amount of acceptable sugar you should have for the day....loaded with 700  calories.

I ordered one, with a coffee.  

So, what I came to find out minutes later....the German-style is about one-third the amount of sugar.  It was tasty and for 2.40 Euro....it was probably half the price of what a true Cinnabon would have been.  

Disappointed?  Well....no.  I will admit....it's odd that I see this and kinda wonder it was a one-time thing, or just an experiment for them.  

No comments: