Saturday, August 5, 2023

Winter? Fall? Summer?

 I stood in line at the bakery this morning.  Temperature?  17 C (62.6 F).

I was number four in line.  

German guy #1?  Winter jacket. Pants.

German guy #2?  Hefty sweater. Pants.

German guy #3?  Wind breaker.  Pants.

Me?  T-shirt and shorts.  

Tomorrow?  Weather guy says the max is going to be 16 C (61 F).  Evening temp for Sunday evening?  10 C (50 F).

For the whole past week, if I added up people's attire....I'd say two-thirds of the public have gone to the September/October wardrobe.  It wouldn't surprise me if most have their bathroom heated up.  

What bothers me?  Well...I know what normal September weather would be in Germany (just 4 weeks away), and I'm starting to wonder if we return to normal....or if we start ending up with early snowfall by the end of September.   

1 comment:

Wrench said...

I am also a t shirt and shorts guy. I played golf yesterday, everyone in sweaters and long pants, me shorts and polo shirt. Maybe us southern US boys adjust better to weather conditions. lol