Sunday, September 20, 2020

Covid-Signs

 Last week, I spent a day in Hanau.  Its one of those towns that I advocate everyone take a whole day and walk around.

It'd been three years since I made a walk through the city, and one of the chief things I noticed.....a whole bunch of 'Corona-signs'.

It didn't matter where you went....over a five-minute pace, you'd usually find a sign on the side of the street.  

Basically, all said the same basic direction....bear in mind social distancing, and take Covid-19 serious.  

Just my humble guess, but the city probably put a minimum of 1,000 of these stupid signs around town.

Cost factor?  I would be guessing at least 25 Euro per sign, and probably a crew of three guys probably an entire day to place these. 

Life span?  No telling....they might still be there in four years.  There might be some kids who've already swiped these and have them on their bedroom walls.  The fact that none of the 'people' have mouths or faces, nor wear masks?  Best not to bring up that strange factor.

No comments: