Friday, August 26, 2022

When Cannabis Will Be Legalized In Germany?

 The question came up today to the Chancellor.

His response: "Well, in this legislative period, that's what we wrote in the coalition agreement. I'll gladly admit that I had to get myself there first to find that right, because firstly I've never smoked weed, so I can't make a contribution to thinking about it myself, and secondly, of course, I think that all drugs have problems and that speech , there are some that have no consequences for your own health, just never true.”

What this means?  It's anyone's guess.

If you walked around the Green Party....I think it's near 99-percent who want a framework of it being legal to sell.  

Around the SPD?  I'd take a guess it's only about 60-percent who want it legal, and the rest are pretty determined to delay this path.

The FDP?  They've made statements that it can be legalized but with a significant amount of regulations (and taxation).

At the end of 2021, the coalition agreed that it'd be done by the end of 2022.

What's hindering things?  I think the text to the legal path is complicated and probably a regulation of more than 100 pages.  

No comments: