Thursday, August 25, 2022

The 1.2 Million Euro Story

 If you've ever driven around German autobahn rest-stops.....you know the bath-room business runs this way.  There's the WC, and a plate there....where you put down usually 50-Euro-cents.

So there's court action brewing and N-TV talked about this one episode.

Tax folks in Germany say this one gal...working the 'plate' business...for 2005 to 2008....somehow made 1.2-million Euro.

She's had little to say and the judge has told the tax folks that they have a pretty difficult case brewing.  He's only believing in 600,000 Euro that might have been collected.

How you'd even make 600,000 off a 50-cent visit bathroom situation on the autobahn?  I'm shaking my head.

I could see sitting there for 12 hours, and maybe having 300 folks stop....meaning I made 150 Euro a day.  But in this situation.....even if you worked 365 days a year, you'd only clear around 55,000 Euro.

Was she working 24 hours a day?  Was she working at two to six rest-stops and running back and forth?

If I'd cleared 1.2-million Euro....I'd have found some rustic situation in Greece and quietly disappeared in 2008.  

No comments: