Monday, August 29, 2022

For Me, Summer Has Ended

 Over the weekend, the regional weather guy gave the forecast for the next 10 days....nothing over 27 C (80 F).  I pulled the AC unit out, and shuffled it to basement storage.  It's mostly around 25 C for the next two weeks....with potentially one or two minimum showers.

How bad was the 2022 summer?  I counted 19 days of 90 F or more (32 C or more).  

Rainfall?  Absolutely nothing really to discuss since early April.  Every inch of the yard is dead.  I've got five shrubs which are probably dead.  The leaves are browning on the cherry tree.  

To be honest, I've never see a dryer summer than this one.  More than a dozen storms passed over in the past 100 days, with most having zero moisture dumped.  If I gauged all of July?  There might have been a 6-minute shower on two occasions.  

Germans often refer to odd summers or extreme winters.  I'm guessing 2022 will be one of those legendary situations.  

From this point on?  September is usually cooler evenings...a bit of rain here and there, and indicators of fall approaching.  

No comments: