Thursday, October 12, 2023

Orange Juice Inflation

 I have a particular brand of orange juice here in Germany that I prefer for breakfast (I won't say the brand name).

In 2017, if you'd priced it....it was selling at around 99 Euro cents a bottle (1-liter).

Around 2020 (Covid era), it went to the 1.29 Euro cents a bottle.

Spring of 2023, it went to 1.69 Euro cents a bottle.

Yesterday at the local German grocery, it was 2.12 Euro cents a bottle.

At the current pace, for April of 2024....I would speculate that the cost will be near 2.40 Euro cents. 

The amusing thing?  I can still buy cheap-ass German beer (not the premium stuff) for 39 Euro cents a can.  I may have to switch from orange juice to beer for breakfast, to save money.  

2 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

Beer is better its full of vitamins and minerals.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

Science-wise, beer only has vitamin B (in abundance). Course, if you used climate-change science, you could make up imaginary reports to say beer is loaded with forty-odd vitamins.

Now, if you wanted to shake up things....make a multi-vitamin-crappy-tasting beer....that you could enjoy for breakfast, and it'd become a hot seller in Germany over night. I think the Doktor Oetker folks might be interested in this idea.