Thursday, June 16, 2022

Beer

I spent most of yesterday over in France, and amongst the viewing of various wines....I took some time to view the craft beer situation.

The thing I like about French beers....isn't so much the beer, but the labels. 

When you gaze at the option of drinking 'Good Angel' beer or 'Bad Angel' beer.....you have a bit of temptation on your mind and the taste is a secondary thing.

The French have a flair for artistic work, and giving you the image of some misbehavior at work.

They also can take a simple story...like Red Riding hood, and build a boxed brew set into a story....with a fairly evil wolf, and a wholesome juvenile 'hood-gal'.

In the US....at least until the past decade....beer labels were a pretty low priority.  

The idea of putting 'Santa' on a beer?  I don't see a problem.  Santa probably consumes a wheaty-tasting beer, and doesn't care if there's a calorie or two extra in the mix. 

I wrapped up the day at a German-Italian restaurant.sitting in the garden, and sipping through two beers (my wife was driving).





 

No comments: