Thursday, May 7, 2020

6,500 and Counting

If you started today, and went back to 2009 when I really got into writing essays....there are 6,500-plus essays (blogs to you, essays to me) out there.

Even if you started today and tried to read through them all....it'd take a good long year. 

I stuck to mostly general topic....most relating to Germany....some to Europe or the EU. 

I've written on serious topics.  I've written on comical things.  I've written on woes and sorrows.  I've even written on cultural things that even Germans themselves shake their head over.

I will agree that a lot of people have tried to 'sell' me on Germany, and hype it like some 'Disneyland' or a giant schnitzel-restaurant (serving a plate of 2,500 calories), or bringing me a fantastic beer at the Hofbrauhaus while I sit in awe of the history of the place. 

For me, it was the element of travel and history combined.  Some legends lived up to expectations....some were lacking (a lot).  I'm the guy that you can hand a slip of paper with the word 'Speyer' on it, and off I'd go on the railway system....to spend a day walking around. 

I will admit....I like a good story, and a twist or two along the way. 

So, onto the next 6,500-odd essays. 

1 comment:

mnewman7 said...

Thank you for the essays. I enjoy reading them everyday.