Monday, May 4, 2020

The 'Forced' Situation

In the last couple of weeks, new attention in Germany has focused upon the idea of a vaccine for the Coronavirus being delivered....maybe within the next four months (being extremely opportunistic).  I have my own doubts about this, but for the sake of the argument.....lets assume they are correct.

So the discussion comes with the idea that EVERYONE in Germany would be required to take the vaccination.  Some folks (unknown quantity) are saying that they don't want the vaccine, or that the government cannot make you take it.

N-TV has a great short piece and discusses the idea to some degree, and I would recommend it.

The problems I see?  There might end up being five or six different vaccines, and you have to wonder if testing is at the best rate for what you expect.  The odds of getting the vaccine, and having a rough five-day period of illness?  Back around 30 years ago, I had a flu-shot which triggered a 48-hour flu-like period for me.  It's the only time that I ever had that reaction. 

Some folks, purely on defying the government or 'good order' will refuse the shot, period.

Cost of the shot?  Still the big unknown, but I would imagine it's a minimum of forty Euro. 

Politically triggering some discussion on how you'd force people to take it? 

So sit back and be entertained by this phase when it arrives. 

No comments: