Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Irrational Chatter and Fear

 I sat and watched an interview this morning, which got into the topic of Russophobe (the irrational fear of Russians).  

If you asked me if Germans walk around presently with this 'fear'....I'd generally say no.  However, I'd qualify it to be more of a Putin-phobia or war-phobia or nuclear missile-phobia.  

The problem here is that to have a phobia in your 'hand'.....it has to be irrational.  That's always a qualifier for the term.  I had some college class once where the professor had to waste twenty minutes getting the term 'irrational' across to the class, and in the end with half of us.....irrational just didn't seem too clear.

Do Russians worry about this Russophobe?  I don't think so....they just know it exists, and frankly....there's little they can do about it other than offering you some vodka or holding your hand.

Do Russians have some irrational fear of Nazis (Naziphobe)?  I'd have to give some thought to that....even in Putin's case....he might have this fear of Ukrainian Nazis existing in his mind, and might dwell on this five or six hours a day.  I might give credence to the idea...since 1945....a whole lot of vodka-chats and evening movie-entertainment....probably dwells over and over on Nazis.  

But if you assumed all of this....then what the hell kind of 'rehab' would exist to deprogram you from this irrational fear?  


No comments: