Thursday, April 21, 2022

Observations

 1.  I watched about 15 minutes this morning of the TV debate between France's Macron and Le Pen (with supplied English sub-titles).  I'll just say that Le Pen doesn't come across as a four-star character.  I'll also admit that it's bad to admit that French debate action is worth watching.  I was waiting for the Biden-bunny to arrive and take both Macron and Le Pen away.  

2.  There's been some journalists in Germany (in recent days) hyping up the procrastination mechanism of this SPD-led government.  To be kinda honest....Merkel did the procrastination gimmick for sixteen years.  It's not a new strategy.

3.  I noticed this morning a number update on Covid test cost.  Presently, since day one.....12-billion Euro has been spent on the national test program.  There's some 'gut-feeling' among the general public that a fair amount of this was fraud, but it may take several years for all the cases to be laid out and conducted in court.....costing several billion Euro more to prove, and then several billion Euro more to house convicted criminal in jail.  Wouldn't surprise me if we get to 24-billion for everything.

4.  New movie coming out in Germany (I've seen the previews)....entitled 'Northman'.  Vikings on rage, hyped-up, and lot of blood.  On my Rambo-scale....just watching the preview....I'd give it a '9'.

5.  I noticed that Venice came up in the news....on tourism.  For some reason, it was a big habit of tourists to just arrive and then start looking around the city for a hotel (yeah, without reservations).  The city authority finally stood up and said.....no, you can't keep doing this.  So either you have reservations somewhere, or you aren't going to be allowed into the city.

No comments: