Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Power Survey

 The Civey research folks went and did a poll.....with Germans and their anticipation of black-outs.

Around half of those polled....say they dread black-outs.

Around 38-percent of them polled....say they FEAR black-outs.  They didn't use the word 'worry' or 'fret'....they actually suggested the word 'fear'.

I paused over it. 

In all my years around Germany....the longest that the power has ever gone out was about ten hours (big storm, lot of lightning, whole district was hit hard).  I didn't think of it as a big deal....although my German wife got hyped up over potential loss of food in the freezer.  

In my Panama period....in the rainy season...you got used to two or three 90-minute outages every month.  

Here in the past five years?  There's probably been two outages here in Wiesbaden....lasting 60 minutes or less each time.  People get used to stable electricity, and expect it to always be there.

Maybe I will fret a bit after the first 36-hour outage....but I'm shaking my head over how it'll get this bad.  

No comments: