Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Riot?

I tend to read crime news around Germany a good bit, and especially concerning Wiesbaden (my region).  So this morning, I came upon this crime story of a 'riot', and read intently.

It was one of those stories that headlined the piece "Teenagers Riot in Parking Lot".

The basic story here....three teens around 9:45 PM (about two hours after dark), had arrived at some grocery....taken a shopping cart or two and were doing 'wheelies' around the parking lot of the grocery.  They knocked over a can or two....disturbed the smokers 'corner' and dumped the ashtray that they flick their ashes into.

Cops got called. 

Then I observed the name of the grocery and neighborhood.....well....yeah, it's my local grocery, about 300 ft away from my front door (two minute walk).   It's the place where I go quietly for a cup of coffee and a slice of cheesecake (don't tell the wife). 

"Riot"?

The crime report went into various details.....the teens scattered the minute that the cop car arrived. Basic description?  In hoodies.  Yeah.....in hoodies.  Two were young males (figured around 18), and one was a female (figured around 18).

A riot?  At best, they probably had a beer or two, and were just playing around......but everyone these days is so intent on the worst case possible.....that they would describe this as some riot. 

No comments: