Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Sitting and Sipping Coffee

Today, I accompanied the wife to one of her three grocery trips per week (each with a different sale going on and she heavily discount-shops).  

For this particular grocery (in Wiesbaden)....I started back in the summer of 2018, and typically would go to the bakery at the entrance....sip coffee and have a piece of cheesecake.  Back around December of 2020....because state Covid ban-rules.....the sitting area was totally shutdown and roped-off (the infection rate then was up around 150 per 100k, per 7 days).

I walked in today....with the 7-day infection rate at 581....the bakery is totally open, with the sitting area wide open.  Three times the rate of January 2021.  

I just stood there....shaking my head....the ban-rules change month to month, and make little sense.  Harsh one period.....eased-off one month.....harsh with reason.....eased-off with no reason.  

No comments: