Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Last Night

 I ended up at the Mainz Christmas Market last night.  Four observations:

1.  Most folks in Wiesbaden (across the river) will say that their Christmas Market downsized....probably by 25-percent, in terms of the food and gift booths.  Mainz?  There's zero sign of downsizing.  It was at the same level as in December 2019....before Covid came along.

2.  Masks?  I'd say fewer than five-percent of people walking around the Market were wearing Covid masks.

3.  Crowd size?  For a Tuesday early evening....it was pretty hefty.

4.  Covid-fear?  You just don't see it.  Course, I had to ride the bus/train over to Mainz....with the mask mandate in place.  On the ground, with my walk from  the Mainz train station to the Market....I probably observed forty masks on the ground...people had accidentally dropped.  

No comments: