Saturday, October 17, 2020

Chancellor's Newest Appeal to the Public Over Covid-19?

 Well....if possible, just stay home (period).  She's talking not only about tourism or weekend travel....she kinda means that you study each trip and limit your exposure.

So if you normally went on a four-hour shopping tour on Saturdays....her advice when surveyed....if possible...trim this back and limit your time in each store/grocery.  

This message came out of the weekend podcast that she gives.

How many Germans listen to the podcast?  That's more of a speculation thing.  Out of 83-million....it might be fewer than half-a-million.  

I sat and surveyed my travel behavior since day one.  Over the past nine months....I've probably cut 80-percent of my outdoor travels.  Those days on German rail and touring the region (I'm retired, so I have the time and resources)?  Gone.  The half-price Bahn-ticket I have?  Worthless.  Walks around Mainz or Wiesbaden?  Cut to the absolute minimum.

Over a normal week, with the exception of the house occupants, and maybe the Post guy, or Amazon delivery folks....it's a very short list of people.

I suspect most Germans have gone at least half that distance in cutting travel already.

The Chancellor's message having much effect?  No....not unless you go to a complete shut-down theme once again.  

No comments: