Friday, October 30, 2020

The Pajama Story

 Back in 2012, while I worked around Arlington, VA....I started to notice some women (never men) who shopped in pajama-like clothing.  I was told at the time....in China, this fashion had started up and was completely acceptable there, and apparently in Arlington as well.  Several months would pass, and I stood at the regional airport....waiting on a flight....to find another American woman in pajama-like clothing boarding a plane as well. 

Since 2013 (now retired in Germany)....I hadn't seen the pajama routine practiced here.  

Frankly, Germans typically have a certain standard.  I do agree....German guys don't have a problem in putting on jogging pants and going to the coffee shop or bakery.  German women?  They would normally NEVER go that casual.

So I opened up N-TV today, and there's this story from up north, at a Edeka grocery.

Store manager (German guy) is standing there, and there is this female customer with pajamas, house slippers, and pink dressing gown....shopping in his store.  Her daughter?  They don't give the age, but I would assume at age 5 or 6....same attire.

The German manager didn't waste much time.....he went straight to the woman and 'complemented' her on the attire.  I'm not talking about the nice complement style....but the harsh one.  German gal packed up in a huff, and left quickly.

Manager basically said....he won't put up with this style of behavior or attire.

I'm kinda amazed that such a manager exists in Germany who'd go.....confront in a direct way, and just tell someone they were dressed in a bad way.  

No comments: